11 tips for a successful college fair
College fairs can be a great resource to help evaluate your school options, whether in person or virtual. Here are 11 Essential College Fair Tips from HelloCollege:
- Find out which colleges will be at the college fair and make a list of the schools you are interested in.
- Come up with a list of questions beforehand.
- Fill out the school-specific postcards or register online for the fair for easy onsite access to college representatives. If in person, print any materials and bring it to the fair including your electronic ID. Online registration leaves more time for you to meet one-on-one with admission representatives.
- Make sure your email address isn’t embarrassing. College admissions officers will see it.
- Get a map or digital layout of the fair or plan which booths you will visit.
- When visiting booths, ask college representatives questions like, “What kind of student are you looking for?” or “What makes your campus special?”
- Before moving on to the next college booth, jot down any information you think is important.
- Attend the information session to learn more about the college search process, financial aid, and other topics.
- After the fair, consider which colleges stood out and why. Make note of your reasons and keep them on file.
- Recycle the pamphlets from schools you’re not interested in.
- Dig in deeper on the colleges you’re interested in by visiting their websites.
Knowing how to get the most out of the college fairs you attend can help you narrow down your decision. Let the team from HelloCollege guide you in the right direction. Contact us today.